By Wen-Ching Yang
This quantity, Fluidization, Solids dealing with, and Processing, is the 1st of a chain of volumes on "Particle Technology". debris are vital items of chemical procedure industries spanning the elemental and forte chemical compounds, agricultural items, prescription drugs, paints, dyestuffs and pigments, cement, ceramics, and digital fabrics. Solids dealing with and processing applied sciences are therefore necessary to the operation and competitiveness of those industries. Fluidization expertise is hired not just in chemical creation, it is also utilized in coal gasification and combustion for energy new release, mineral processing, meals processing, soil washing and different comparable waste remedy, environmental remediation, and source restoration approaches. The FCC (Fluid Catalytic Cracking) know-how ordinarily hired within the smooth petroleum refineries can also be in accordance with fluidization ideas.
Read or Download Fluidization, Solids Handling, and Processing PDF
Similar industrial technology books
The technological know-how of graphs and networks has develop into by means of now a well-established instrument for modelling and interpreting quite a few structures with loads of interacting parts. ranging from the actual sciences, purposes have unfold quickly to the ordinary and social sciences, in addition to to economics, and are actually additional prolonged, during this quantity, to the concept that of strategies, seen greatly.
In chinese language organizations and expertise within the Reform period, Yizheng Shi analyses the technological behaviour of country- owned companies. specifically he indicates how they've got imported, utilised and assimilated overseas know-how into their operations. the writer argues that regardless of being granted extra autonomy and having to stand elevated festival, chinese language corporations are nonetheless no longer stimulated to assimilate competently imported expertise as a result absence of good- delineated estate rights.
This ebook is an integral number of key optical dimension concepts crucial for constructing and characterizing present day photonic units and fiber optic structures. supplied are complete and systematic descriptions of assorted fiber optic dimension tools with the emphasis at the figuring out of optoelectronic sign processing methodologies, aiding the reader to weigh up the professionals and cons of every procedure and identify their suitability for the duty handy.
Heres the 1st e-book to supply step by step instructions that stroll the reader during the complete strategy a development a CNC (Computer Numerical keep watch over) computing device from begin to end. utilizing low-cost, off-the-shelf components, readers can construct CNC machines with actual business store functions reminiscent of machining, routing, and cutting--at a fragment of what it's going to fee to buy one.
- Binders for durable and sustainable concrete
- Developments in Surface Contamination and Cleaning, Volume 9: Methods for Surface Cleaning
- Stochastic Global Optimization Techniques and Applications in Chemical Engineering: Techniques and Applications in Chemical Engineering, With CD-ROM (Advances in Process Systems Engineering)
- Radiation Protection in the Design of Radiotherapy Facilities
- Manufacturing Process Design and Costing: An Integrated Approach
- Iterative Krylov methods for large linear systems
Extra resources for Fluidization, Solids Handling, and Processing
By use of isotropic material with common roughness levels, these last two parameters can be overlooked. Using Eq. (34), the set of independent dimensionless parameters (Eq. 30) becomes, Eq. (36) 2 2 u o2 , ρ s , ρs u o d p ϕ , ρf u o L , G s , µL µ gL ρ f ρs u o L , Bed geometry, ϕ , particle size distribution (PSD) D These can be rearranged by combination of parameters. It must be borne in mind that such manipulation by itself does not lead to any decrease in the number of dimensionless parameters.
24) υ normal = 0 at y = 0 Eq. (25) Eq. (26) υ normal = Gs 1 ρ s uo 1 − ε at x = 0 , D L u′ = 0 Fluidized Bed Scale-up 35 at y = 0 Eq. (27) u ′ = i/∆ above distribution holes u ′ = 0 elsewhere At all internal surfaces x′s , y′s Eq. (28) u ′= 0 , υ ′N = 0 Eq. (29) ( at y′ = 0, P′= Po ρ f u o2 ) 2 The term Po ρ f u o can be ignored when the fluid velocity is small compared to sonic velocity or the absolute pressure does not change enough to influence the thermodynamic properties of the fluid; it will be ignored in this development.
A typical operating condition for most commercial gas solid beds is well beyond the point of minimum bubbling. It might be expected that 24-Sep-2001 JMR Fluidized Bed Scale-up 31 electrostatic or van der Waals forces are not as important as they are near the point of minimum fluidization. It is likely that particle-particle collisions, dependent on the coefficient of restitution and sliding friction, come into play at much higher uo /umf . Litka and Glicksman (1985) carried out systematic experiments to determine the importance of particle mechanical properties on the behavior of bubbling beds.