By Pamela Dell (Author), Kathryn Harper and Mark Domke (Editors)
Read Online or Download Britannica Discovery Library Volume 11 - Time PDF
Best encyclopedia books
Just like the ten-volume Encyclopedia of worldwide Cultures (Macmillan, 1996), the four-volume nations and Their Cultures is predicated at the choice of ethnographic info often called the Human family members zone records established at Yale collage. in contrast to international Cultures, that is geared up through tradition, the recent paintings is geared up by means of state.
The Linguistics Encyclopedia has been completely revised and up to date and a considerable new creation, which varieties a concise historical past of the sector, has been added.
The quantity deals finished insurance of the main and subsidiary fields of linguistic learn. Entries are alphabetically prepared and largely cross-referenced, and comprise feedback for additional interpreting.
New entries include:
Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Linguistics; Contrastive Linguistics; Cross-Linguistic learn; Forensic Linguistics; Stratificational Linguistics.
Recommissioned or considerably revised entries include:
Bilingualism and Multilingualism; Discourse; style research; Psycholinguistics; Language acquisition; Morphology; Articulatory Phonetics; Grammatical types and Theories; Stylistics; Sociolinguistics; severe Discourse Analysis.
For a person with an instructional or expert curiosity in language, The Linguistics Encyclopedia is an vital reference device.
This set presents specified info on fifty two medicines and different addictive components, outlined as unlawful medications, felony addictive medications and different components in addition to in most cases abused sessions of prescription and over the counter medications. prepared alphabetically via professional identify, every one access follows a similar structure, permitting scholars to simply examine and distinction various medicines.
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Science: Lacewings-Pharmacogenetics
- Encyclopedia of Lakes and Reservoirs
- Icons of Hip Hop: An Encyclopedia of the Movement, Music, and Culture (Greenwood Icons) Two Volumes
- The Piano: An Encyclopedia (2nd Edition)
- Encyclopedia of Homosexuality Vol 1 A-L
- The Worlds of the Federation (Star Trek)
Extra info for Britannica Discovery Library Volume 11 - Time
16. Davis RH, Leitner MG, Russo JM, et al. Wound healing. Oral and topical activity of Aloe vera. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 1989; 79(11):559–562. 17. Davis RH, Parker WL, Samson RT, et al. Isolation of a stimulatory system in an Aloe extract. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 1991; 81(9):473–478. 18. Dal’Belo SE, Gaspar LR, Maia Campos PM. Moisturizing effect of cosmetic formulations containing Aloe vera extract in different concentrations assessed by skin bioengineering techniques. Skin Res Technol. 2006; 12(4):241–246.
Clin Chem 2003; 49(1):167–169. 20. Kachhi PN, Henderson SO. Priapism after androstenedione intake for athletic performance enhancement. Ann Emerg Med 2000; 35(4):391–393. 21. Catlin DH, Leder BZ, Ahrens B, et al. Trace contamination of over-the-counter androstenedione and positive urine test results for a nandrolone metabolite. J Am Med Assoc 2000; 284(20):2618–2621. 22. Catlin DH, Leder BZ, Ahrens BD, et al. Effects of androstenedione administration on epitestosterone metabolism in men. Steroids 2002; 67(7):559–564.
Source: Courtesy of Devon Powell, Columbia, for its ability to effect changes in a mouse macrophage cell line and was found to stimulate cytokine production, nitric oxide release, surface molecule expression, and cause changes to cell morphology. This, coupled with the ﬁnding that the effect on cytokine production was dose dependent (13), suggests that acemannan may function in part through macrophage activation. The dermatological activities of aloe vera were investigated in a systematic review that extracted data from 40 studies in a predetermined standardized manner (14).